Lead Electronics Technician
About Urban Sky:
Urban Sky is a venture-backed aerospace startup that is redefining the way we analyze Earth from the stratosphere. We design, build, operate, and sell stratospheric balloon systems. The data we collect supports a range of applications, from real-time wildfire monitoring to urban mapping.
We are writing the next chapter of stratospheric history in Denver and are seeking self-starting, open-minded, and hard-working team members.
As Urban Sky's Lead Electronics Technician, you will be responsible for all payload and avionics systems manufactured and refurbished at our Denver, CO headquarters. As operational cadence increases, your role will be crucial in ensuring we have a consistent fleet of reliable flight vehicles for our operations team. This department is in its early stages, so you will be responsible for implementing and executing organizational processes, in addition to hands-on mechatronics assembly.
- Own the manufacture of various PCBAs. This includes operating our in-house equipment (pick-and-place, stenciler, reflow oven, etc) and managing the outside manufacture of large board runs.
- Own the manufacture of all avionics and payload systems. This includes the integration and testing of PCBAs with various electro-mechanical components.
- Develop and refine processes for inventory and completed system tracking
- Manage junior technicians on a day-to-day basis.
- Troubleshoot board issues with assistance from our Electrical Engineering team.
Skills & Experience:
- 4 years of electronics manufacturing experience
- BA/BS degree in EE/CS/CE or equivalent practical experience
- Experience reading electrical schematics and PCB outlines
- Ability to document work, write work instructions and implement organization processes
- Experience with 3D printing
- Exposure to a startup environment
- Experience with RCA (root cause analysis) debugging
- Proficiency sourcing electrical components
- Salary $72,000 - $100,000 per year
- We are required to post this salary range per Colorado law. Your salary will be determined based on your abilities and experience.
- Stock Options
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- Cell Phone Bill Stipend
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes that they have the skills and the passion necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.
Urban Sky is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.